Sunday, December 30, 2007

WARNING

Over the past couple of years, my husband and I have been watching all of the different Star Trek series season by season. We’ve already watched Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and we are nearly finished with Voyager. Since we have been home for the break, we’ve watched quite a bit more than usual, probably several seasons worth of Voyager in fact. During a recent outburst in which I tried to warn the television characters about the danger of disrupting the space time continuum, my husband pronounced me a genuine Trekkie. I insisted that he was wrong as I’m not one of those Klingon speaking, pointy ear wearing, weirdoes who goes costumed to those crazy conventions. I have to admit though that I might actually be displaying some troubling signs of Trekkie freakishness.



You might have inadvertently become a Trekkie if…


  1. The paradox of disrupting the space time continuum no longer seem so complex…they actually make some sense.

  2. You think it’s cool to have your picture taken with a Ferengi in Vegas.

  3. You have a healthy appreciation of the Prime Directive.

  4. You sometimes want to scrap the Prime Directive.

  5. You are familiar with the many lives of Dax.

  6. You occasionally have to step back from your irrational anger toward the arrogant Captain Janeway.

  7. You say things like, “Make it so,” or “Indeed”, or even “You must comply”.

  8. You can spot returning actors even if they play an entirely new alien and look nothing like their former role.

  9. You can quote the Rules of Acquisition.

  10. Someone makes you mad and you call them a “pahtk”.
Unfortunately, the fact that a person could even make a list like this might suggest some Trekkish tendencies. And just so you know, if you understand even three or four on the list, you might be in danger yourself.


1 comment:

Harmony said...

I'm so glad there are other Trekies in the family. We own the Voyager series and love it. It is still Ryland's favorite show to watch. I did understand all of those on the list also. I never knew I would be a Trekie (it's Leland's fault).

Funny thing, we went to Coldstone last night and there were some Klingons there! There were several pirates also. We inquired and they said they dress up like pirates every 5th Sunday (FYI-Klingons are like pirates of space).

Keep enjoying the Voyager.