Friday, January 4, 2008

Superhero Dreams

If I were a superhero, my name would be Polly Positive. I wouldn't bother with a cape or utility belt, but I'd never be without my Enthusiasm Socks. I'd fly to the rescue of those in the pit of despair. I'd equip them with magic red socks of their own that would give them supernatural hopefulness. And together, we would stomp out the enemy.


Negativity

A soul siphoning succubus,
She infiltrates with stealth.

Camouflaged as humor,
realism, the Devil’s advocate -
She paralyzes the positive
like the proverbial frog in the pot.

She was conceived by fear,
nurtured by doubt,
and brought to life by Choice-

Her legacy is passed
in whispers, rolling eyes,
and martyred sighs.

Only Choice can destroy Her.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think you really are Polly Positive, and you just put up a good "Clark Kent" around the rest of us. Nice poem. Did you have a bad day?

Love you,
Kelly