Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hoops

I find inspiration in strange places sometimes.  After jotting words, snatches of poetry, and paragraphs of thoughts on napkins, church bulletins, and counselor meeting power points, I started carrying a little notebook in my purse at all times.  And if for some reason there is nothing to write on, I have the notes pages in my phone. 

I was cleaning my purse out a few minutes ago and came across this little bit of silliness.  This one was in my little notebook, written at the score table during a girls basketball game this season while I was keeping stats.  Good times.

Hoops

 
Squeak on hardwood
Smell of sweat
Bright lights shining
Swish of net

Mommas yelling
Players cheer
Hot shots fake
Show no fear

Leather pounding
Pom poms shake
Fast break layup
Another make

Score is tied up
Hold our breath
Whole crowd praying
Nothing but net

2 comments:

Karen said...

I really enjoy your poetry.

Ronel said...

lovely Laura. YOu have an amazing talent to write poetry. I love this one.