Thursday, September 18, 2014

Palmolive

We recently switched to Palmolive dish washing soap per the recommendation of a plumber.  Apparently, the original Palmolive and Dawn soaps are the best for cutting grease and therefore the best for the old pipes in our home.  The smell of Palmolive takes me way back to standing on a chair to rinse between Steve and Richard, the washer and dryer.  I'm pretty sure their goal was to see how many times they could make me scream.  I did my best to even the score by perfecting my tattle tale skills.  This is just a little something that came from smelling soap last night.  :)



Scent Memories

Palmolive green
Smell of clean
Suds piled high
Siblings side by side
Washer
Rinser
Dryer
Suds stacked higher
Fights in between
With spray nozzle stream
Rinser vamooses
With bathroom excuses
Washer sprays dryer
Playing with fire
Wet towel snap
Bare skin zap
Chaos and fun
Dishes are done. 

1 comment:

Karen Gibson said...

I could just see the three of you as I was reading your poem. Can you imagine if John had been thrown into the mix??