Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post Spring Break Update

Spring Break wasn't terribly exciting around here. N of course was working, so no big trips or anything scheduled. The first weekend of the break I headed out of town to a friend's ranch for a Scrapbooking Retreat. That was a total blast. I spent the whole weekend in a big room with six girls all around my age. We talked and laughed all weekend. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time; it was painful. I also completed 15 pages in my family album which is the most I've ever done at one time before.

The rest of the break I read a couple of books and crocheted. I volunteered to make a baby afghan for my sister-in-law's new baby coming in June. She always makes them for everyone else, and the grandmother who inspired her to learn to crochet died a couple of years ago. So, I knew she would really appreciate getting one. Come to find out, she's having twins. So I've been crocheting my heart out trying to get done. I'm thinking she'll probably have the girls early, so I've got to get them done. And of course I had already chosen a particularly lengthy pattern before I knew I'd be making two. Honestly though, it probably wouldn't have made any difference because it is such a cute blanket and goes so perfectly with their nursery that I'd have probably chosen it anyway. I'm hoping to finish the first one this weekend.

At first I was a little intimidated about having this project going in the middle of testing. As it turns out though, it is such a relaxing activity that I'm sort of happy to have a project to work on in the evenings.

That's pretty much it for spring break. Nothing major accomplished, but it sure was relaxing. And that was a very good thing.

And no, I have not taken the tree down yet. :)

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm glad you are making blankets for the babies. I'm also glad you had a relaxing break. Those are needed sometimes.

Connie said...

I'm so proud of you! Don't look to me for crocheted blankets! Yikes! Maybe we could say they are from both of us? Just kidding. Love you bunches!