Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome to the Craziness

Okay, it's been forever. So I'll just list some of our recent adventures in no particular order.

1. Whirlwind trip to Houston for brother's graduation.
2. Three hour WalMart trip for groceries for the Shannons.
3. Week long trip to Click ranch with the Shannon's (my side of the family).
4. Shot two rattlesnakes...have the rattles to prove it.
5. Three hour WalMart trip for groceries for the Clicks.
6. Week long trip to Click ranch with the Clicks.
7. Baby therapy with Emma and Ella.
8. Lots of jumpiness as many things sound like the rattle of rattlesnakes.
9. Decided we need a bigger house.
10. Spent two days looking at houses.
11. Found dream home.
12. Decided we must sell ours first.
13. Decided to get it ready in just a week.
14. Taking lots of Advil for cleaning/packing soreness.
15. Overseeing ranch improvements in the midst of house craziness.
16. Booked flight and room for Portell wedding.
17. Read 15-20 books on ranch trips.
18. No reading now; must clean/pack.
19. Decided having the house staged is a good idea.
20. Moving all but essentials to storage unit.
21. Discovered that ice cream scoops were not considered essential. What?@!
22. Became World of Warcraft addict.
23. Having WoW withdrawals because of cleaning and packing.
24. Pursued several job possibilities/interviews.
25. Feeling God's protection and staying right where I am for now.

Well, there it is in a nutshell...kind of. I've been keeping up with the family posts, but not commenting. I know, that's evil. I'm also feeling great sympathy for Tyler and Kelly and their many moves. I'm hoping this is the last time for us forever! Would love to hear if any of the rest of you are going to the wedding. Well, I must go pack and clean some more.

7 comments:

Harmony said...

What craziness! I really need to update my blog also - but where's the time. :)

Reese and I are going to the wedding (she's free on flights). So I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Kelly said...

Do you have any book recommendations? I'm so behind that I don't even know what's out there anymore! So, are you going to move into this dream home?

Laura said...

What kind of reading do you want to do? Smut? Education? Myster/Suspense? Action/Adventure? Fantasy? I might have a recommendation or two.

First we have to get ours on the market, which should be done by Monday. Then we can make an offer, but it will have to be contingent upon our sell. We can't have two houses. I'll keep you posted.

Kelly said...

I want easy summer reading, so mystery/suspense, action/adventure and maybe smatterings of smut =). You know, a good story line. I am also a non-fiction fan, too. When I've been to bookstores lately, I get overwhelmed.

Laura said...

I'm a great fan of Kay Hooper, mystery/suspense with a slight supernatural twist and a love story to boot.

James Rollins is another new favorite, great storylines of mystery and adventure, and most times with a love connection. Not the crazy smut of female authors though.

I've heard great things about The Shack, a christian novel. I have it but haven't read it yet.

OH yeah, and I love love love the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. If you read his book, Lake House, you'll love these. They are actually YA literature. I've been recommending them to Jr. High and H.S. kids. Those who have started them, read through the whole series.

If you are adventurous enough for fantasy, I really love the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I'm re-reading the series before I read the last 2 or 3 that I haven't read. Awesome. One of my all time favorite series.

I should have just put this in a separate post, speaking of novels!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the tips! I have heard of The Shack. Everyone says it's awesome.

Double "E" Blessed said...

I hope all goes well with the house selling/buying. It is possible for that process to go very quickly, and I hope that is true for you.