Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stress

On tip toe feet
It creeps up slow

Mirroring movements
Staying in shadow

A dark stickiness
Clinging tar

Frozen breath
Makes me shiver

Chasing my thoughts
Making them race

My heart beats fast
Faster, faster

Running, running
To stay ahead.


I wrote this at school today.  And yes, it was a pretty stressful day.  So much to learn, so little time.  And I was feeling this at one point.  But don't worry.  I made lists, piles, and notebooks.  All the while looking over my shoulder calling, "run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the list making man...well, woman."  (As opposed to gingerbread man for those who did not catch the reference.)  =]

3 comments:

Karen said...

I remember well those first of the year panics. It will get done! You will survive! When you are looking over your shoulder, take a minute to look up and know that God has you right where he wants you for a reason. You, and your job, are on my daily prayer list. Love you.
Karen

Renate said...

I'm the queen of lists. I have lists about my lists. I don't always follow my list or check everything off, but I sleep better knowing that if nothing gets done, at least I have a record of it. ;-)

Cristy said...

Wow. So me right now.

Are you a fan of "Shrek"? That last totally made me think of the scene where the gingerbread man says "Eat me!" and spits at him. :)