Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blessings

Recently, I've been extremely frustrated with several aspects of my job. So much so that when my husband asks me how my day is, my answer is often on the continuum of yuckiness rather than good and bad...i.e. was today more or less yucky than yesterday, rather than was it good or bad. I've decided that an attitude adjustment might be in order in the form of counting my blessings. So, here are a few (in no particular order):

  • As unworthy as I am, I've been saved by the blood of my loving Savior.
  • I have a caring mother who loves me just the way I am and ALWAYS has time to listen.
  • I have amazing siblings I admire (and maybe even idolize just a little.)
  • Without naming them all, let's just say I have wonderful family.
  • I have an amazing husband I love more each day...I could do a whole blog on all of the ways he blesses me.
  • I'm about to take an awesome vacation.
  • We can afford to take a vacation.
  • Even though we are currently without a church home, we have the freedom to choose one.
  • There are many people in my life I call "friend".
  • I am forgiven daily.
  • I have several extra special friends who are also such blessings I could make a whole list just for them.
  • I have a good job.
  • I respect most of the people I work with.
  • I have a home, car, and pretty much all the physical things I need.
  • I make a difference to kids daily.
  • I helped several kids just today.
  • I had the benefit of an outstanding father for 15 years, way more than many people, including some of my kids.
  • I have a great dog who meets me at the gate for a kiss when I get home every day.
  • I have some new tennis shoes that make me feel like I'm walking on clouds.
  • They are so good, I bought them in two colors with my husband's blessing!
  • Grace.
  • Nieces and nephews.
  • Good health.

The list could go forever. The point is I have way more to be thankful for than to gripe about. I'm going to try to count my blessings more often.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

We all need to remember to count our blessing sometimes. We had to do that a lot in the last year and now we just feel so blessed. Have a great weekend and a wonderful vacation.