Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting Ready

In celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary, which was in August, my husband and I are getting ready to go on a week long vacation to Vegas . Yes, that's right...an entire week. I'm taking an unprecedented six days off of work. At the beginning of the year, I felt some guilt about that. Now, well, I wouldn't want the place to burn down or anything while I'm gone, but...there will be no looking back.

But before we go, here are some things that have to get done:
1. Laundry
2. Ironing...yes I know it will get wrinkled in the suitcase.
3. Clean the house...my husband does not really understand my compulsion to clean like a
maniac before leaving, but he has come to accept it as normal.
4. Grocery shopping...light on the groceries, heavy on travel necessities.
5. Arrange a dog sitter.
6. Leave notes for the other counselor.
7. Pack.
8. Arrange transportation to the airport.
9. Finish travel notebook complete with itinerary, lodging reservation, maps, show/ticket
info., race car driving school reservation, spa reservation, etc. (My friends are a little
frightened by my travel notebook. I think they are just jealous.)
10. Call in "sick".

Needless to say, it's going to be a hectic week. But all will be worth it when we head to the airport. Even the wait in the airport will be vacation as I crack open a fresh new book to read. I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I am most definitely jealous of your travel notebook.

I used to think people who cleaned house before they left for a trip were crazy, too. Now, I know that nothing beats coming home to a clean house with clean sheets on the bed.

Enjoy your trip. Post pictures!

Harmony said...

What a wonderful vacation. Have a great time.

Tyler said...

Quite cool. What shows are you planning to see?

Katie said...

I hope you have a blast! I want to hear all about it when you come back.