Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lost and Found

Before you get worried about my current state of mind, know that the following was inspired by multiple things over the course of a couple of years.  While I do believe the words, feel the words, the completed piece is the strained and concentrated feelings, as my poems usually are.  Besides reflecting on my own life, part of this is from reflection on a blog post a friend of mine wrote months ago, one that I've gone back and reread multiple times.  Then today at work, I had an interesting conversation with a student that inspired me further.


Lost and Found

I want to be sighted in the crosshairs of somebody’s scope
I want to be scented by a well-trained hound
I want to be tracked in the rain, foot prints washed away
I want to be hunted until I am found.

I want to be chased until breathless with aching sides
I want to be pursued to the ends of the earth
I want to be sought like a treasure, a precious gem
I want to be appraised with the highest worth

I want to be appreciated, wafted, swirled in a glass
I want to be held up, inspected in the light
I want to be savored, sipped, not gulped or sloshed
I want to be valued with highest price

I want to be noticed, acknowledged, never ignored
I want to be prioritized, top of the list
I want to be searched for if lost, away from the path
If I’m missing I want to be missed.

1 comment:

CristyThoughts said...

I think we all feel these things. I also think it's a shame that most of us are embarrassed to admit it. Well-written (as always :) ).