Monday, March 19, 2012

Faith Storm

Come sit on my porch
Listen to the thunder with me
We’ll listen to the chimes
And shiver in the stormy breeze
We’ll sip a cold one
Warming to the subject of past
Wounds scabbed and healed
Now faded, no going back
Watch the water roll
Ripping out in angry waves
Chain reaction flows
To slowly dying rage
Then breathe the night deep
Looking out to the billion stars
Smell hope on the wind
And imagine a hand so large
Crushing all worry
Uncertainty, fear and doubt
Holding His children
Protecting from lightning bolts


I was doing the usual get ready for bed routine tonight and decided to post on my sweet friend's Caring Bridge page.  I made a random comment that turned into late night inspiration.  There is a storm brewing tonight.  I'm currently sitting in the dark except for my screen and a nearby candle.  Listening to my wind chimes and the wind.  Enjoying the breeze until it slammed my porch door shut. 

It occurs to me that my sweet Darcie is in the midst of a storm that is raging in her body.  Chemotherapy thunder and lightning raining down.  But she is probably in a more peaceful place spiritually than ever in her life.  I admire her for that.  It reminds me of my Daddy.  She's got her enthusiasm socks on.  Just resting in His hand.

It also reminds me of the storm many of us go through in our faith.  I've been in that storm.  Wind blowing through, ripping my carefully planned life apart.  Rain drenching me while I dodge lightning bolts.  But even then I was in His hand.

Whether your storm is building, or you are in the eerily creepy eye, know that there is a hand big enough to hold you and keep you safe.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank goodness for our Father's hand holding us in the storms.