Saturday, March 31, 2012

Depression

A gravity of spirit
Exerting inner force
Pushing down
Holding down
Until you’re stuck

Legs too heavy
In cement blocks
Of scrutiny
Self loathing
Inside voices

Arms tied back
Society’s judgment
Holds tight
Don’t fight
No slack left

Eyes flutter
Peaceful Sleep entices
Siren voice
Be spells me
Sweet dreams


While I can relate to this piece, it isn't specifically about me or where I am today.  I had a difficult week at work.  Scary serious issues with my kids.  I've just been reflecting on the week as I tackle laundry and cleaning.  Thoughts led to words ratteling around in my head.  Which of course led me here. 

But just so you know, I'm not ready for an eternal slumber, and I don't have a plan or the means to carry it out.  And if you do, for goodness sake, call someone.  Then call someone else.  Scream if you have to.

And that reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Maynard, loosely, "You have to scream from the back of the room to get everyone's attention.  But once you have it, you have to whisper to keep it."

No comments: